Avocado and Shrimp Salsa Verde Dip
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 ripe avocados, cubed
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels (if using frozen, make sure the corn is defrosted)
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 2-3 tablespoons finely diced cilantro
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, about 1-2 lime
- ¼ cup Cotija cheese (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- Tortilla chips
Heat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Toss the peeled, deveined shrimp in olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Next, spread them out evenly on the baking sheet. Roast until pink, about for 8-10 minutes. Don’t overcook. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Then, chop them into bite-size pieces.
Add the remaining ingredients (except the tortilla chips) to a bowl and gently stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings and/or ration of ingredients as needed. I always like extra avocado and salsa verde (more spice!).
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
Check it out on Laura’s instagram!