- 6 Mi Rancho Organic Artisan Corn Tortillas
- 1 lb. white flaky fish (recommend Halibut or Cod), skinned and de-boned.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup beer (pale ale works great, but choose one you’d like to drink)
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vegetable or Canola Oil for frying
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, remove seeds and dice.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded.
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions shredded
- Hot Sauce to Taste
Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the beer. Set aside and let it rest for 15 minutes before use.
Blend sour cream, avocado, lime juice, and jalapeño until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add olive oil slowly until thin cream sauce forms. Toss red cabbage, carrots, green onions into dressing until well coated.
Slice fish into even slices, about 1 inch thick. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil to 350°F. Evenly coat each piece of fish with the beer batter and gently place fish into the hot oil about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Lightly salt.
Toast tortillas on a hot griddle. Fill each taco with 1 piece of fish and top with slaw and hot sauce.