Chile Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Scarlett’s vegan tacos replace meat with cauliflower florets that are spiced, tender and roasted to perfection for a hearty taco that is flavorful and satisfying.
- Mi Rancho’s Non-GMO Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 1 Large Head of Cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons of Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Coarsely Chopped Cilantro
- ½ cup of Shredded Carrots
- ½ cups of Thinly Sliced Cabbage
- Mexican Crema
- 1 Lime
Wash cauliflower and cut into 1-inch florets. Heat the oven to about 400 ˚F.
In a large mixing bowl add paprika, garlic powder, coriander, cumin, chile powder and salt into a bowl along with the olive oil to create a paste. Then add your cauliflower florets. Toss them in paste to combine all ingredients making sure the florets are all seasoned evenly. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add your season cauliflower in a single layer and bake for about 20 minutes in the oven tossing halfway.
Warm the tortillas on a heat flat griddle for about 30 seconds on each side. Then add a large spoonful of cauliflower to the center of each tortilla. Top your tacos off with cabbage, carrots, cilantro and a drizzle of Mexican crema.
Note: Keep it vegan and forget the Mexican crema.