Creamy Chicken Tortilla SoupAlexa Shields
This hearty soup will warm you right up during the cool fall and winter months. The secret ingredient… corn tortillas! Blended with the broth for a rich and creamy base (without the cream), corn tortillas stand out and perfectly complement the shredded chicken, black beans, roasted corn, and bell peppers, all topped with crispy tortilla strips.
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Celery Stocks, chopped
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Large Carrot, Peeled and Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Chile Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- 5-6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 8 Mi Rancho Organic Corn Tortillas (2 for the soup base and 6 for tortilla strips)
- 3 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Can Black Beans, Rinsed
- 1 Cup Roasted Corn (canned or frozen works fine)
- 1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Roasted Poblano Pepper, Seeded and Diced
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Seeded and Diced
In a large stock pot, warm olive oil. Sauté celery, yellow onion, carrot, and garlic for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. Add salt, black pepper, chile powder, paprika, cumin, and coriander, them stir to lightly toast. Add chicken broth and 2 Organic Corn Tortillas. Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, blend all ingredients together into a smooth consistency. Turn heat to medium low. Add shredded chicken, black beans, roasted corn, fire roasted tomatoes, roasted poblano pepper, and roasted red bell pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 more minutes.
Garnish to your liking with fried Organic Corn Tortilla Strips, cilantro, jalapeño, sour cream, avocado.