Edgar’s Soyrizo Burrito
Are you ready for this back to school/work lunch? It takes 30-35 minutes to make and assemble burritos. I’m featuring Mi Rancho Simply Authentic Burrito Flour Tortillas with this recipe and they are good. It hit the spot with my family, as you can see behind the scenes my brother from another mother devoured a half a burrito in seconds! Eating two of these burritos guarantees to keep you full for hours as they are protein-packed, filled with deliciousness, and wrapped with pure tortilla joy.
- 1 Packet of Mi Rancho Simply Authentic Burrito Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 Package of Soyrizo (Measures About 1 cup)
- 3 cups of Bite-Sized Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 cup of Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 Thumbs of Finely Chopped Garlic
- 4 tbsp of Vegetable Stock
- 2 Avocados About 1 cup Mashed
- 1 Lime (Juiced) About 2 tbsp of Juice
- 1/4 cup of Roughly Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup of Greens of Your Choice
- 1/3 cup of Shredded Carrots for Crunch (Store-Bought to Save Time or Shred Them Yourself)
- 1/4 cup Salsa of Your Choice
Start by finely chopping your onions, and garlic, then start heating (on medium heat) a large cast-iron skillet or a nonstick pot. As this heats up, start chopping your broccoli florets. They should be bite-size pieces.
As soon as the skillet is heated add your onions and garlic stir and mix while adding 1 tbsp of vegetable stock. 3-5 minutes. Keep cooking and stirring while adding another 1 tbsp of vegetable stock. Then add your soyrizo cook and stir for another 5-7 minutes. Keep cooking and if it gets stuck/dry add another tablespoon of veg stock.
Then add your broccoli and the last tablespoon of vegetable stock cook and stir for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat and close with a lid or something to prevent the heat from escaping.
Start by heating up another skillet big enough to heat up the tortillas.
Then add your avocado spread ingredients into a bowl and mix/mash well. Set Aside
As soon as the pot is ready, start cooking your tortillas and like an assembly line, add your avocado spread, the soyrizo broccoli mix, shredded carrots, salsa, and greens. Then wrap it up and get ready to eat!