Grilled Pineapple SalsaAlexa Shields
Nothing says summer grilling quite like a fruit salsa. Grilled pineapple, jalapenos, red onion and bright grape tomatoes combine with fresh lime juice and cilantro for a bright and flavorful salsa that’s perfect on chips or on top of your favorite taco.
- 1 Pineapple, Cored and Sliced Into Rings (Canned Sliced Pineapple Will Also Work)
- 1 Medium Red Onion, Peeled and Quartered.
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
- 2 Jalapenos, Diced
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes, Quartered
- ½ cup Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- ½ Lime, Juiced
On medium high heat, grill jalapeños, red pepper and red onion until just charred. Set aside to cool and then dice into like-sized pieces. While you chop, grill pineapple slices until charred, then allow to cool and dice.
In a large bowl, mix together pineapple, tomatoes, jalapeños, red pepper, onion and cilantro with lime juice. Salt and Pepper to Taste. Place in refrigerator to cool.