Pesto Pizza Pie
Edgar from Edgarraw comes up with yet another versatile recipe with our Mi Rancho Organic Flour Tortillas, Pesto Pizza Pie. Simple, quick and vegan, you can whip this recipe up in a jiffy and satisfy your pizza cravings without feeling guilty!
- Mi Rancho Organic Flour Tortillas
- Pesto Spread
- 2 handfuls basil (without stems) or 4 cups chopped basil
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup pinenuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast or 3 tbsp vegan parmesan
- A pinch of pink salt and black pepper (or to taste)
- 6-8 small assorted rainbow potatoes
- 1/4 cup vegan cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1 tbsp cilantro
Pre-heat oven at 400°F.
Add all pesto ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend/process until well ground. This may last 4 days in the fridge.
Using a mandolin slicer, cut all the potatoes with the smallest size. Set aside.
Using a 12 inch cast iron skillet, make sure it is nice and seasoned. Add a layer of avocado oil on the skillet.
Add your first tortilla on top then add a small layer of pesto spread on top. Then add another tortilla on top of that, then add another layer of pesto spread.
Follow up with some slices of potatoes, vegan cheese, and more pesto on top.
Add toppings to your discretion.
Bake for 35 minutes and once cooked, let it cool for 10 minutes to slice.
All ingredients make about 2-3 pies.