Pork al Chile Guajillo
Chef Ignacio Flores of Tu Mero Mole Restaurants shares his recipe for Pork al Chile Guajillo. It is simple to make, yet full of rich flavors from the roasted tomatoes and chiles, perfectly complementing the tender pork. Serve this meat with Mi Rancho Simply Authentic Flour Tortillas.
- 4 lb. pork shoulder diced about one inch
- 3 chopped garlic cloves for the pork
- 2 lb. roasted tomatoes
- 2 ea. roasted guajillo dry chile (make sure not to burn the chiles)
- 4 roasted serrano chiles
- 2 garlic cloves for the sauce
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
Blend the two garlic cloves, roasted tomatoes, and serrano & guajillo chiles until smooth.
For the pork:
At a medium heat add the oil, the meat, chopped garlic, and salt and pepper to the frying pan and let fry until tender.
Drain the oil, add the sliced onion, let cook for two minutes. Add the sauce and let it cook for 10 minutes.