Taco “ground meat”
- 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 a cup of cooked teff grain or cooked red quinoa
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup of shredded white cauliflower
- 1/2 a cup of chopped white onions
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tsp of ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 2 tsp of sea salt or to taste
- Mi Rancho Organic THINcredibles Thin Corn Tortillas
- Taco “ground meat”
- Sliced half an avocado
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- A whole lemon
- 1/4 of a cup of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1/2 a cup of chopped marinated kale (optional)
- 1/2 a cup of cilantro (optional)
Boil quinoa or teff according to package directions and then set aside.
Wash, strain, chop your veggies accordingly and set aside.
Start by heating (medium heat) up a cooking pot/skillet.
Add your oil, onions and garlic. Stir and cook for 5-6 minutes (if it starts to stick, add 1 tsp of water at a time).
Then add your mushrooms, shredded cauliflower while stirring and cooking
Add about 2 tbsp of water to help it not stick to the pot (do this for 10 minutes).
Add the rest of your taco meat ingredients and stir and cook for 10 minutes.
Turn off heat and set aside.
Start heating up a pan to heat up your Mi Rancho Organic THINcredibles Thin Corn Tortillas (takes about 2-3 minutes to cook).
Have salsa, vegan sour cream, and any other toppings you might like.
Find more plant-based recipes from Edgar's website.