- 3 cups of chopped tomatoes (1/2 inch sized)
- 1 cup of finely chopped white onion
- 3-4 minced garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup of black beans
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of fresh or dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- 5 Mi Rancho Organic Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 a cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 1-2 limes cut into wedges
- 5-6 thinly sliced radishes
- 3-4 halved chopped cherry tomatoes
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
Prepare all vegetables & herbs accordingly and set aside.
Cut Mi Rancho Organic Corn tortillas into 1/2 inch thick strips and then halved so they aren't long. Take 2 large baking sheets, add parchment paper and lay the tortilla strips flat without touching each other. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tortillas are crispy.
While the tortillas are baking, heat up a large pot on medium heat. Add oil, then add onions and garlic. Cook and stir for 5-8 minutes.
Next add your chopped tomatoes, oregano, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
Turn up the heat and add your cooked black beans, corn and vegetable stock. Turn down to medium heat and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
While the soup is simmering, check on the tortilla strips and make sure they don't burn. Prep your toppings.
Once everything has been cooked, serve the soup with cilantro, lime, radish, cherry tomatoes and tortilla strips.