Mexican Hot ChocolateMi Rancho Kitchen
Topped with warm foam, filled with creamy melted Mexican chocolate and a kick of spice, this drink is the perfect evening treat on cold winter nights. Perfect to pair with your favorite dessert. Try it with Scarlett’s Sweet Apple Tortilla Empanada for the coziest of pairings!
- 2 cups of Whole Milk
- 2 Mexican Chocolate Tablets
- ½ tsp. Mexican Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. of Ancho Powder (optional)
- 1 Dry Chile de Arbol (optional)
- 1 stick of Mexican Cinnamon
- Ground Cinnamon for Garnish
- 1 Piloncillo or Brown Sugar According to Desired Sweetness
Place ingredients in a pot over medium-low heat.
Using a wooden spoon stir until the chocolate tablets dissolve. Carefully, turn the heat up to medium until mixture starts to bubble around the edges. Using a whisk, begin to froth the milk until frothed to your desired consistency.
In the middle of the pot, place the Wisk in between both hands, using a spinning back and forth motion whisk, the milk until you have reached your desired level of froth. I recommend using a molinillo for best results, but a whisk works just fine.
Serve hot and top with ground cinnamon. Pair a warm Sweet Apple Tortilla Empanada, cozy up and enjoy!