- 2 cups of Whole Milk
- 2 Mexican Chocolate Tablets
- ½ tsp. Mexican Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. of Ancho Powder (optional)
- 1 Dry Chile de Arbol (optional)
- 1 stick of Mexican Cinnamon
- Ground Cinnamon for Garnish
- 1 Piloncillo or Brown Sugar According to Desired Sweetness
Place ingredients in a pot over medium-low heat.
Using a wooden spoon stir until the chocolate tablets dissolve. Carefully, turn the heat up to medium until mixture starts to bubble around the edges. Using a whisk, begin to froth the milk until frothed to your desired consistency.
In the middle of the pot, place the Wisk in between both hands, using a spinning back and forth motion whisk, the milk until you have reached your desired level of froth. I recommend using a molinillo for best results, but a whisk works just fine.
Serve hot and top with ground cinnamon. Pair a warm Sweet Apple Tortilla Empanada, cozy up and enjoy!