- 1 lb. smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup. diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 3 lb. roasted tomatoes, pureed thick
- ½ cup chopped pickled jalapeños and carrots
- ½ cup of the pickle jalapeño liquid
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup 2oz. vegetable oil for frying
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparing the sauce:
In a medium heat sauce pan, add bacon and the oil; let fry until crispy.
Add the onion and garlic; let fry for 2 minutes.
Add the jalapeños, jalapeño liquid, and tomatoes; let cook for 5 minutes.
Turn the stove off and add the cilantro.